¡POR FÍN MADRID! {MADRID AT LAST!}

Ya tenía "mono" de niña, así que vamos a pasar unos días con ella. Estaba trabajando la mayor parte del tiempo, pero no nos importó en absoluto, improvisamos planes una vez que estuvimos allí.

My baby girl (she´s going to kill me again) is sorely missed in this house, so we decided to drive all the way to Madrid and spend a few days with her. Okay, we knew she was going to be working most of the time, but we didn´t mind that at all, we went with the flow.


Así que nos fuimos el pasado Miércoles, parando por supuesto en el Hostal Landa de Burgos para desayunar tranquilamente.

So we left early last Wednesday morning, stopping by to enjoy a nice breakfast at the Hostal Landa in Burgos.


"¿Amá, puedes hacerme alubias de Tolosa si vienes a visitarme?", me dijo la semana pasada. ¡Cómo le podía decir que no!. Una no va solo de visita, una va a ejercer de madre, de apoyo moral, preparada para abrazar eternamente, achuchar, besuquear hasta que se harten y te digan : "¡Ya te vale!". Yo encantada de poder cocinar para ellas cuando lleguen del trabajo.

"Mom, could you cook for me "alubias de Tolosa" (Tolosa beans), if you come over?", she said to me one day. God, I couldn´t say no to that!. When I go there, I have to be ready not to just drop by,  but act as a loving mother, giving my child moral support, to be ready to hug her eternally, and kiss her noisily until she tells you to stop, (because she doesn´t know it yet but this child needs plenty of loving care). And I was thrilled to cook for them when they got home from work.


Después de dejar las cosas en el hotel, nos comimos un cocido Madrileño en "La Bola". Estaba de muerte.

Once we left our suitcases in the hotel, we ate a "Cocido Madrileño" en "La Bola" restaurant. It was mouthwatering.



El jueves, desayunamos (mi I. y yo), en el centro y dimos un paseo. Después, el se fué a jugar a golf y yo me fuí a casa a prepararles la comida a las niñas. Una ensalada de tomate y una pasta con foie, que ya la hice para este blog hace unas semanas, bastó para que M. su compañera de piso B. y un compañero de trabajo que vino con ellas a comer O. volvieran al trabajo bastante contentos.

On Thursday morning, my I. and I went to have breakfast in the centre of Madrid. It was freezing but the sun was already shining so the walk,  was fantastic. By noon, my I. left to play golf so I went to my daughter´s house to cook lunch. A tomato salad and some pasta with foie (I already cooked this recipe a few weeks ago for this blog), was enough to see M., B. (M´s housemate) and O. a boy who works with them, went back to work in a very happy mood.

http://decocinasytacones.blogspot.com/2011/11/pasta-with-foie-gras-and-oporto-wine.html


Mientras se cuece la pasta, "registro" los libros que tienen en las estanterías de la cocina. La compañera de piso de M. cocina bastante.

While the pasta is simmering, I go through the books they have on the kitchen shelves.


Para descubrir, que estas dos niñas que se cuidan tanto y no tienen problemas de peso, ¡COMEN MANTEQUILLA DE CACAHUETE!, ¡esto no es justo!. No lo pude evitar, lo confieso, ¡yo también probé la mantequilla de cacahuete!.

When suddenly my eyebrows rose in astonishment when I discovered that these two (both girls), who take care about their bodies and who apparently don´t have problems with their weights, EAT PEANUT BUTTER!!!!. This is not fair at all!!!. Okay, I have to confess it right now, I feel terribly guilty, I ate peanut butter myself!!!.


Los tomates que mi casera me vendió para mi niña,  todavía están fantásticos.

The tomatoes my farmer sold me for my baby girl, are still wonderful.



Después de comer, como he dicho antes los tres volvieron a su trabajo y yo había quedado con S. una bloguera gastronómica que vive en la Capital y con quien me iba a tomar un café. ¡Qué dos horas tan agradables!. Nos conocimos, hablamos de todo, y nos dimos cuenta de que además de tener como hobby el cocinar, tenemos muchas otras cosas en común. ¡Seguiremos en contacto!. Os dejo su blog para que le echéis un vistazo si queréis.

After lunch, when they left for work, I met a blogger who lives in the Capital. We spent two wonderful hours chatting!!!. We met for the first time and we realised that not only cooking was our favourite hobby but we also had a few things in common. We will keep in touch I´m sure about that!!. I´m going to give you her blog, in case you feel like having a look.

http://milideasmilproyectos.blogspot.com/2011/11/pate-de-manchego-con-nueces.html

Las niñas tenían una fiesta del trabajo. Nosotros cenamos en un restaurante asiático que se llama SUDESTADA. Nos encantó. Fué una buena recomendación.

The girls had a party at work. My I. and I went to an Asian restaurant named SUDESTADA. We simply loved it. Somebody recommended this to us and he did well.


Viernes por la mañana. Me voy del hotel a casa de M. a las 8.00 para empezar a cocinar las alubias. Seremos 6 personas a comer. Las niñas se están preparando para ir a trabajar. A las 9.30, I. viene con croasanes y café de Starbucks, ¡qué buena idea!. Tiene que hacer algunos recados así que me vendrá a buscar mas tarde.

Friday morning. I left the hotel and go to M´s at 8.00 to start cooking the beans. We were going to be 6 for lunch. Girls were getting ready to go to work. At 9.30 Iñigo dropped by with coffee from Starbucks and two warm and puffy croissants, this was such a great idea!!. He had a few things to do and he said he was coming to pick me up later.


Mientras las alubias van a su ritmo, a fuego muy lento, yo voy preparando lo que nosotros llamamos "los sacramentos".

While the beans simmer over a very low heat, I focused on the meats.



Y me sorprendo de que dos chicas tan jovenes, tengan una cocina tan bien equipada. Mi niña dice que B. cocina mucho y muy bien. La verdad es que doy fe de que las dos comen fenomenal.

And I was surprised to see that two young girls, had such an well equipped kitchen, with so many pots and pans. My baby girl said that B. cooks a lot and cooks really well. The truth is that I must say they really eat well and healthy, this is very important.


Al mediodía, nos fuimos a tomar un aperitivo, compramos unos mantelitos individuales (no había para todos), y les pusimos la mesa para los 6.

At noon, I. and I went to have a drink. We also bought some placemats (there weren´t enough), and we set the table for 6.



Incluso el pavo que dibujó A. unos días antes que sigue aún pegado a la ventana de la cocina, está preparado.. El pavo es precioso, aquí anda gente muy creativa.

Even the turkey A. draw a few days before and that is still sticked on the kitchen´s window. I have to say that this turkey is beautiful. Guests who come to the house are pretty creative I must say.



¡Ya está todo preparado!. Para las 3.30 ya estamos todos comiendo.

Everything was ready!. By 3.30 everybody was sit at the table already.


Todo el mundo estaba encantado. Las comidas de cuchara y una sobremesa larga son lo mejor.

Everybody was happy and relaxed. Confort food and a long conversation after is the best.


¡Nos levantamos de la mesa a las 6.30 de la tarde!. Lo pasamos genial y mi niña estaba encantada después de haber comido uno de sus platos favoritos.

We got up from the table at 6.30!!. We really had a blast, nice food and best conversations. My baby girl (sorry again), was thrilled after eating one of her favourite recipes.


Incluso hubo tiempo para probarse Mi ropa vintage, ropa que llevé para que la vieran. Un jersey que hizo mi madre, un poncho que compré en Larrayoz y un jersey verde que yo empecé y que cuando quise terminar la lana se había acabado y terminó siendo un chaleco. (Tardé meses en hacerlo, el punto no es lo mío está claro.)

There was time even to try on my vintage clothes. Clothes I brought to my daughter´s for them to see. A jumper my mother knitted ages ago, a poncho I bought in a shop named "Larrayoz" and a jumper I started knitting, which took me so long to finish that when I went to buy more wool, that color didn´t even exist, so it ended up being a waiscoat (a jumper without sleeves). It´s official, knitting wasn´t my hobby.


Ya está todo decorado para la Navidad.

Christmas is all around!.



Y hoy cuando hemos llegado a casa de vuelta, y todavía nos estabamos acordando de los momentos pasados, y nos hemos encontrado el aceite en la puerta de "ILOVEACEITE.COM", que compramos el pasado Lunes, I. decide hacerse un bocata para probar el aceite.

And today, when we arrived home, still having memories of the days spent in Madrid, specially lunch yesterday, we found out that the extra virgin olive oil we bought last Monday in ILOVEACEITE.COM,  had already arrived. My I. then decides to make himself a huge sandwich, made with French baguette just to taste this extra virgin olive oil.


Frota el pan con el tomate. Le echa un buen chorro de aceite de oliva virgen extra.

So he rubs a tomato on both sides of the bread. Then drizzles the extra virgin olive oil.



Pone jamón serrano.

He puts serrano ham.


Y después una tortilla de 2 huevos.

And then an omelette made with two whole eggs.



¡Una buena combinación desde luego!.

A really great combo of course.


Y termina aquí. Han sido 4 días fantásticos.

And this is already done!. These past days have been great!.


¡LISTO!
DONE!



Si te ha gustado, comparte o imprime:

2 comentarios

  1. Hola María Luisa, me alegra muchísimo de que lo hayáis pasado genial, oye esas alubias de Tolosa tienen una pinta estupenda, a fuego lento como a ti te gustan, besos guapetona

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Looks like such a nice time in Madrid! I'm sure loved having you there to cook! I spent one summer living with a family in Madrid and then returned 2 years later to live and teach English in Seville - I can't stay away from Spain and every time I read your blog I am reminded of that!

    ResponderEliminar

 
Copyright © decocinasytacones. Diseñado con por Las Cosas de Maite