Paxos o Paxi o Paxoi es un grupo de islas que pueden encontrarse a 14 kilómetros al sur de Corfú. Cubre un área de 19 kilómetros cuadrados y es una de esas islas pintorescas, uno de los 20 mejores destinos que se encuentran en el mar Jónico. Allí nos fuímos después de un maravilloso desayuno, de barco a barco, este más pequeño.
- Paxos or Paxi or Paxoi is the smallest group of Ionian Islands that can be found 14km south of Corfu. Paxos covers an area of 19 square kilometres and is one of the cluster of picturesque small islands set here. There we went after a gorgeous breakfast, from ship to ship, obviously this one much smaller.
- Paxi Island has no airport, can only be reached by ferry boat and therefore, has been able to protect itself from the strain of modern tourism. I´m going to repeat myself now, once more the best option to move around here is to own a boat, move from one cave to another, jump and swim.
¿Habéis visto que locura de agua?..
- Have you realised how inviting the sea was?
La costa este de la Isla es una zona muy bonita con olivos y viñedos, completamente diferente de la costa oeste que es abrupta, con cuevas y llena de acantilados
- The eastern coastline of the island is beautiful, full of endless olive groves and vineyards, completely different compared to the west coast which are bold and abrupt, with caves and cliffs.
- While sailing towards the swimming point, we were astonished to see the size of some yatchs.
- Finally we stopped to swim. The water was gorgeous, and its colour amazing!. As it´s shown in the picture, the access to the beach is practically impossible if you don´t do it by boat. Can´t imagine a person to climb up those stairs after laying on all those pebbles for a while. No way!. But, before anchoring the boat, I went crazy taking picture everywhere, up and down, here and there, wow, the landscape was awesome, the water, the light, I thought my camera and I were finally having an affair. And what happened then?, I went sick, I got sick when the boat stopped and started moving, that movement with the waves, and I thought I was going to throw up so I thought it was better to stay there alone, and looked to the infinite and beyond, looked at my I. swimming in the crystal waters, and breathe, breathe deeply and look to the horizon and not to lose its line which is the way to bring your body back to a normal status, well I don´t know if a friend told me this while sailing in the south, or I´m making up things, I´m not quite sure.
- The capital of Paxos is Gaios, a picturesque village built around a port which is protected by two small islands, Agios Nikolas and Panagia. On the Northern side is the village of Lakka, where we stopped to have something to eat and on the east side is the very charming village of Loggos. The place is still unhurried, very relaxing with genuine friendly Greek hospitality at its best. Paxos has a permanent population of 2.300 inhabitants. The village is far from stressed really, everybody is quiet and resting. I was feeling much better by then.
- The best of this day, the landscape, the colour of the water and to swim into the sea, well if you´re able to. Don´t you think it´s gorgeous?, inviting?.
- I´m not going to write about what we did on board, but I ended my day, with some friands and a perfect film to sleep while sailing, the new "Mobby Dick" film. Whales and storms. Tomorrow will be another gorgeous day for sure.